Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Willy Warmer..LOL




I have a funny story to go along with this. My brothers fiance brought a 'willy warmer' home from Germany for my brother as a silly joke gift. He's got it hanging from the mirror in his living room. The more I saw it when I was over his house, the more I thought I can make that. With no pattern, I started to crochet one for Kevin as a joke stocking stuffer for Christmas. As I worked on it, I laughed so hard I was crying most of the time. I thought it came out perfect. I love the tassel on the end..lol. I laugh each time I look at it!!! The picture you see is not completely finished...I added a tie around the whole thing to finish it off. Kevin thought it was very funny but refused to try it on..lol (not suprising).

Kevin just left on Sunday for his annual ski trip with a few of his good friends. After he packed his clothes, I snuck the willy warmer in his bag. When he got to his destination, he called to tell me his friends were admiring my craftsmanship and my talent for crocheting. I'd forgotten for a minute that I'd put that in his bag. I laughted when I remembered...Im sure Kev and his friends got a good laugh over it!!

3 comments:

Amy said...

I think it is super cute.there could be a market for them, thanks for sharing,Amy

Sonya said...

LOL. So funny how it has a little warmer for "Willy's" 2 friends also! These would be a great gag gift...I bet you could sell tons of them!

Kath said...

Thanks for the comments everyone. I had so much fun crocheting this. I still laugh when I think about it...lol.
Sonya- I didnt use a pattern, so making the warmer part for the 'boys' was a bit difficult to figure out...but in the end, it looked perfect. Glad you ladies liked it :)