Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Afgan for Rusty & Amanda




I wanted to make Rusty & Amanda a nice soft somewhat light weight blanket for this as a Christmas gift. I choose this color homespun yarn because they have very light tan furniture and nice green walls, I thought this color would look really nice in their living room! I also got them a really pretty cherry wood quilt stand because I noticed their blankets slide off their leather sofa. I hope they love it, Kevin was cute, he wanted to keep it because it was so soft and he loved the color.

This was my last project I had to get done by Christmas. I started it Thanksgiving and got it done the week of Christmas. Talk about cutting things close. The worse part of making this blanket was the damn fringe on the ends. What a pain in the ass. Dont think I would EVER do those again. They look good, but if you've ever worked with homespun yarn, you have to knot the ends or the yarn unravels. My fingers were so sore from knotting each stand of fringe I added. In the end, I think it looks great and I guess thats all that matters!!

No comments: