Monday, April 21, 2008

Quilted baby blanket for baby Hurley





Well, this is my first attempt of quilting a baby blanket instead of crocheting one. I know my mom did a few of these in her day but I never really watched her closely. I regret that now, but thankfully Kevins Mom offered to help me if I needed it. She was great, she spend 2 hours with me one night teaching me how to use my sewing machine. It sounded so easy, her explaining to me what I needed to do. When I started it on my own, that was another story. It was very challenging, but I think I did ok. The corners were the hardest and Im not all that pleased with how they came out, but Mrs. Pennings said next time, she'll show me how to do them the right way so they look perfect. For now, I dont think anyone will see the imperfections exept for me. I really hope Mike and Jill and expecally baby Hurley like this blanket. I think it came out pretty cute for my first attempt!

No comments: