Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Finished baby sweater & booties




Well, here is the finished sweater I was making for my friend Jill's baby boy. I've never made a sweater before, it was kind of a challenge. My mom was Jill's Godmother and she loved making sweaters and things like this for new moms, so I thought I'd try and do what she would have for Jill. It came out larger then I thought, but thats not a bad thing. Baby Hurley can grow into it and hopefully it will fit him by next fall or winter. This sweater was not as hard to make as I thought it would be. Some parts were tricky but I think I'd try it again if I hear of another baby coming. Overall, Im happy with the way it came out. I hope Jill likes it =).










I found the patter for these booties in the books my cousin Linda gave me from her Moms collection. They looked too cute in the book and my Aunt Muriel had notes written that she's made them and she recommended making them again. I thought I'd see how they would come out. I wanted them to match the sweater so I used the same multi color for the bottom and the trim. Im wasnt happy with the way the front/toe part came together but other then that I think there adorable!! I hope baby Hurley get a little use out of them.

No comments: